Jump to navigation Jump to search
"From day one of the McGreevey administration, everything became a fix again. You couldn't discuss a policy issue with them. They were only interested in who the contributor was and who they had to take care of".
- David Steiner was appointed as a commissioners of the Port Authority by New Jersey governor Jim McGreevey.
- Charles Kushner is known to use Honey Pot traps as his preferred avenue of Asset Development. Jim McGreevey was a closet homosexual, at the time when Jim McGreevey was a mayor, he went on a trip to Israel. In Israel, Jim McGreevey began a homosexual affair with Golan Cipel during this (year?) trip to Israel.
- Charles Kushner started over 100 companies, some of them specifically for new projects, so that if the scandal or bribery relating to one of the companies went public, he could just shut that company down. Charles Kushner, he needed to make political contributions to get something in return for one of his projects or companies, would make political contributions in other peoples' names, without telling them he had done so, to get around limits placed on individual contributions to politicians and their campaigns.
- One month after becoming governor, Jim McGreevey arranged a six-figure salary job for his gay lover, Golan Cipel, appointing his the head of Homeland Security for New Jersey.
- As governor, Jim McGreevey appointed Charles Kushner to chairman of the Port Authority, in 2002, just six months after the 9-11 Attacks.
- It became apparent that Golan Cipel was working with Charles Kushner when, in the settlement he sought from Jim McGreevey, he demanded a charter for the Touro College Medical School, of which Charles Kushner was a benefactor; Charles Kushner wanted to name the medical school after his mother.
- Jamie Fox, who was hit with conspiracy charges served as both chief of staff for Jim McGreevey and Robert Torricelli.
- Jim McGreevey's first chief of staff, Gary Taffett, and his chief council, Paul Livingston were both investigated for selling billboards on government land.
- Jim McGreevey was also named as the recipient of bribes in the form of political contributions from a fundraiser who wanted the government to give him better prices in real estate deals with the state.
- Jim McGreevey faced no consequences for the homosexual affair in which he appointed a foreign national, Golan Cipel, to the head of New Jersey Homeland Security or the large corruption scandals he was revealed to be involved in; instead, the media hailed him as a hero when he framed things as him just having been a closet homosexual who mustered the courage to come out of the closet.
- Charles Kushner was convicted of felonies for crimes including false tax reports, false campaign finance reports, and witness tampering, while Jim McGreevey walked free.
- Jim Corzine, then former governor of New Jersey, was a business partner of later convicted-felon, Charles Kushner, in an attempt the buy the New Jersey Nets basketball team. The then governor Jim McGreevey refused to subsidize the purchase of the team. Because of governor Jim McGreevey's refusal to subsidize the purchase, Charles Kushner became enraged and began trying to bring down governor Jim McGreevey, to whom he had already given 1.5 million dollars in political contributions.
- Charles Kushner outed Jim McGreevey as a homosexual after failing to blackmail him to subsidize his bid to buy the New Jersey Mets with Jim Corzine.